See job list below
Promote careers in the Dallas/Fort Worth area!
Eagle Global Advisors, LLC
Trade Desk Analyst
Eagle Global Advisors, LLC is a registered investment advisor with the SEC. The firm provides investment advice to mutual funds, wrap platforms, endowments, foundations, universities, and high net-worth individuals for domestic and international equity, MLP’s, and fixed income securities. The firm was founded in 1996 and currently has over 30 employees and over $4.5 billion in assets under management. The firm maintains a friendly, professional environment with good benefits in our location at 5847 San Felipe, Suite 930, and Houston, Texas 77057. For more information, visit Eagle Global Advisors’ website www.eagleglobal.com.
- Interfaces with the Trading, Investment, IT and Operations teams at Eagle Global Advisors, providing systems support to internal customers including Traders and portfolio managers.
- System owner for key trading desk technologies including Order Management Systems (Longview), Execution Management Systems and settlement processing technologies.
- Supports the trading desk in operational issues, Longview super user support and serve as project manager for projects related to the trading related software.
- This role participates in continuous improvement projects as well as tactical projects related to the trading desk.
- Participate in Investment Operations meetings and IT meetings as required.
- Position reports to Head Trader
- System owner for the Order Management System (“OMS”) Longview and manage all aspects of internal training, data requirements and system enhancements.
- System owner for other trading related systems, including EMS and OASYS
- Provide day to day support for all OMS system users
- Manage all data and daily data updates within the OMS as well as exports of data to 3rd party providers for needs such as TCA (Trade Cost Analysis).
- Create and maintain regular and ad hoc reports for the investment and trading teams.
- Work to improve reporting to better meet the needs of the investment and trading teams.
- Serve as a trading and operational support within the trading team including, back up trading, TCA analysis and reporting, Venue analysis, commission reporting.
Responsibilities for each role outlined above are subject to change, and percentage of time allocated to each may vary by individual and as position evolves.
- 5+ years’ experience in trading support role or financial services project manager role
- Strong project management skills needed
- Previous experience with OMS required
- Previous experience with EMS and other trading platforms preferred
- Knowledge of Crystal reports or other report software is preferred
- Knowledge of SQL (ability to write basic to intermediate queries) is preferred
- Good understanding of databases
- Past use of Microsoft Project or Open Project recommended
- Ability to write basic automation scripts
- Experience with FTP and SFTP
- Understanding of FIX and FIX tags is helpful
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines and effectively manage multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to work in a team environment and support the Trading Team
- Excellent communication, teamwork and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Comfortable working directly with investment and trading professionals
- Comfortable working on a trading desk
- Advanced to expert Excel skills
- Ability to work well under deadlines, in a small team environment and detail oriented
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in MIS, finance, or related business discipline required.
- IT or financial service software knowledge preferred.
This position would report directly to the Head Trader. For consideration, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and include “Trade Desk Analyst” in the subject line.
Any resume received from an employment agency or search firm will be considered unsolicited, and will not be considered.